I have been back from Madagascar for almost a month now, and I have to admit, San Francisco is a great place to return home to. During the short days of early December, the skies are often clear and the bay, the city buildings and streets are beautifully illuminated in that soft winter light.
It would have been nice to continue the routine of being free to go walking in the park each day, spending my time getting back in touch with friends, organizing my pictures and unpacking my things, but other duties were calling. As I had to resign from my former job in order to go on my trip, a job is now needed; but as it always seems to go after a long vacation, motivation is lacking. One morning a couple weeks ago, as I got on the computer to look through the job listings oncraigslist, I found myself instead scrolling through a google search on teaching english abroad. After a bit of research, on a whim I decided to apply for a post with a small non-profit. Things moved quickly from there and, to make a long story short, I've been offered and subsequently accepted a position teaching english in a rural village for three months in Sri Lanka. I'll be leaving at the beginning of Febuary and I am, of course, very excited. More updates to come!
3 comments:
Right on!! Sounds AWESOME!
wow.
jason
where are all of the updates?
Post a Comment