Thursday, January 18, 2007

Sometimes The Universe Funks You Up

I've been having some problems since my last post. Problems like stress: the stress of thousands of dollars potentially wasted, the stress of staying up til 4 am night after night waiting for an email from halfway across the world, the stress of constant desperate dissapointment, of simply not knowing how what if where when why?

The universe was doing funky unspunky things to my life and I was sweating by the telephone with a guidebook to Sri Lanka in my clammy hand.

First, I was going.

Then, I wasn't going, because my NGO lost its funding and I received an email from the director instructing me not to bother coming, nevermind my already purchased airfareroundtripticketextendedvisacostsnonrefundablecancellationfees.

But, [enter choir of angels] I found another project on the west coast and they told me to come. So I was going, after all!

Then I discovered the person who was going to sublet my apartment might have found another place to live instead.

So, I definitely wasn't going.

Then the sublet-er came to his senses and saved me from having to stab myself in the intestines.

And so, to make a long story short: I'm going (see fig 1* below.)


* Fig. 1

No comments: