Okay, so I've totally been neglecting the blog.
Last post March 31? Oops...
But I have to say that there hasn't been much time for blogging in between repainting the community center, art classes, trash duty, building beds, swimming lessons, hospital duty, CPR classes, entertaining celebrity guests and organizing Irish film crews; plus all those 6 hour-long chats to Bunty the munk, afternoon tea on the beach with Anoushka and Caroline, dancing til sunrise at Mambo's every Saturday night, waiting for the electricity/water/telephone lines to come back on, waiting for various Sri Lankan holidays to end, waiting to find out whether the airport is still functioning or is merely a pile of rubble, and of course the Cricket World Cup 2007. Oh yeah, and getting robbed at gunpoint. Twice.
As we Manacare volunteers say: O.I.S.L. (only in Sri Lanka.) And there's another local saying that seems to sum it all up - "What to do?"
It's been a crazy 3 months! And now it's May and my time here is coming to an end. My mom arrived a week ago and tomorrow we are off on our 6 day tour of the hill country before heading back to Colombo for our flight home to California (that is, if the airport still exists.)
I'll be coming home with 2 bottles of arrack and a hell of a story... so keep reading.
1 comment:
More stories on this wee blog for those of us out of California - what else to do?
Post a Comment